2012年4月16日星期一

Ghostcrawler blog entry

It's on the front page of the forums and talks about healers, but I feel the same concept can pertain to hunters. Especially since people are generally thinking "Blizz hates us" or "we demand a Blue explanation".

By Ghostcrawler:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1179708#blog

The tl;dr version:
GC speaks about infinite mana that healers had. There were little to no consequence for picking the wrong spells.
WotLK was too easy.
They want to reward players for being good at playing their class.
Things will be more challenging in Cata.

Why post this? Call me crazy, but I'm hoping it will deter at least a few more QQ posts. Go see what the devs are thinking.
I'm not saying "everything will be ok". Just know things will be different. We cannot look at the numbers we were pulling in the past and expect to see them again. It won't happen. My premade beta T11 hunter has 22% crit. My hunter right now...over 60%.
We will not see 40k+ kill shots again.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But please don't go on the defensive when people say you are wrong. If you think about it, technically an opinion cannot be wrong :P

Ok I'm done rambling.

I like the blog and hope it continues on a regular basis, even if it's not GC all the time. Preferably if it's not GC all the time.
This is very good change for the game. I hope it gets properly implemented in Cataclysm, and I have a feeling it will be after playing with Focus.
I'm not saying "everything will be ok". Just know things will be different. We cannot look at the numbers we were pulling in the past and expect to see them again. It won't happen. My premade beta T11 hunter has 22% crit. My hunter right now...over 60%.

We will not see 40k+ kill shots again.
I can't speak for all hunters, but I know I wasn't expecting numbers to be the same or higher than before.

When I logged on for the first time after 4.0.1 patched, it actually felt fine.
I like Focus.
I still do.
Mana is **!#, good riddance.
We had bits of improvements here and there.
Certain things were not as strong as before, but I duly attributed the changes to overall balance.

Then I went into my first instance and raid, and BG...

Those same kind of changes did not seem to apply to any other class.
In fact, it was often the direct opposite.

There is a world of difference between saying the Game is Balanced at max level, and saying the Game is Tuned to max level.

The former implies, to me, that 1-80 can basically go to hell.

The latter says the game is more or less consistent and fully tuned only at 85.

I think there should be no argument which is bad core design here.

Blizzard most definitely mean to tell us the latter, this I am sure.
But it is currently not happening for Hunters.

We cannot be left in this state at level 80.
There must be some semblance of consistency, never mind balance.
What one can or is expected to do at low levels, should not just up and flip 270° back and forth as one level up.

Fundamental skill sets should be available early in a character's experience.
It sounds ridiculous to give Stealth to rogues only at level 70 right?
Same applies to a large extent to ie: Aspect of the Fox.

85 is a whole new story and would only be relevant if Hunters can skip 1-84, but that's silly.

Will life for new sub-lvl 80 hunters somehow change after the expansion is live?
Or will this be the same numbers and performance disparity they can expect even after Dec 7, simply because they are not 85 yet?





They've said repeatedly that they don't worry as much about balance before level cap (which includes the pre-expansion "lame duck" patch since the new mechanics are balanced around the upcoming level cap increase) as they do balance at cap. If they feel it's still unbalanced at 85, they'll fix it. Your ranting, crying, and threats to quit won't do anything more than piss them off and make them less likely to let us know about stuff like design intent and upcoming changes.
You may not care for 60 - 80.
There may be a lot of players who feel as you do too.
But friend, you don't speak for everyone.

I'll take part of the blame here for not being crystal clear though, let me rephrase my last question:

Will PvP life for new sub-lvl 80 hunters somehow change after the expansion is live?

Or will this be the same numbers and performance disparity even after Dec 7, simply because they are not 85 yet?
Hunters should just expect to get trampled in BGs all the way until lvl 85, and like it?
You may not care for 60 - 80.
There may be a lot of players who feel as you do too.
But friend, you don't speak for everyone.

I'll take part of the blame here for not being crystal clear though, let me rephrase my last question:

Will PvP life for new sub-lvl 80 hunters somehow change after the expansion is live?

Or will this be the same numbers and performance disparity even after Dec 7, simply because they are not 85 yet?
Hunters should just expect to get trampled in BGs all the way until lvl 85, and like it?


I'm not sure what BGs you are doing, but we are not getting "trampled". You make it sound like we're thrown into a pit of snakes with no armor or weapons to help us at all.
I have yet to see a post by you with any positive outlook.
Though don't get me wrong, I completely understand what you are saying. People just need to get out of the mindset that 80 = everything. This change was made with level 85 in mind. If I may be so bold as to say they do not care about balance at level 80. It's a harsh assumption but it might help some others sleep better at night.
I have been taking lots of screen shots of BGs to hopefully show that things are not all that bad. What you see in the armory is what I go into BGs with. No trinket, no PVP gear.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2rdvl2b.jpg
Be fair, EVERYTHING laughs at you when you die.
Mages are overtuned at 80. They've said this on multiple occasions. You'll notice that nobody else breaks 800k damage done. Not even the other mage, apparently.
I noticed the mage did double your damage.


I did not post that to show we are better than mages. I was showing that we are still competitive at our current state, and are not completely useless as people are stating.
If we truly died in an instant as people are stating, I wouldn't have done any amount of damage.
Also mages are extremely overtuned for level 80.
I have 20+ more screenshots I can post if you want me to.
To be fair damage numbers drawn from turreting damage in PvE gear shows nothing about anything important
More challenging expansion would be a huge treat for me :)
To be fair damage numbers drawn from turreting damage in PvE gear shows nothing about anything important


I understand what you are saying and I completely agree with you.
Not sure if it was directed at the mage doing damage or me doing damage in PVE gear, but either way you are correct.
The whole point of posting that screen shot was to show we are not completely helpless. We do not die every 3 seconds. We are not at the bottom of damage. It was just the QQs that were out there painted this picture of absolute despair for hunters and I wanted to show it's not really like that.
I can assure you I was participating in the BG, doing the objective and not just standing there farming HKs.
To be honest, I also get similar BG results from time to time, for myself.
They tend to happen only when the opposing team composes mostly of other mish-mash geared nub PUG players just like me (lol) and not the 2200glad premades.

But I concede that perhaps my outlook for lower lvl BG may indeed be a little too negative, since I haven't tried it at those levels now and only based my assumptions on lvl 80 BGs.

Let those who have tried recently speak for themselves.

edit: By the way, if Blizzard truly does not care about anything below 85, why bother to fix the low level one-shot-a-prot-warrior Ambushes?

They don't worry about balance at lower levels as much as balance at level cap. Instagib Ambush is a bit too crazy.

没有评论:

发表评论