2012年4月19日星期四

Survival: Haste or Mastery

for you Survival hunters out there, are you finding haste or mastery to be a better secondary stat? (assuming you reached your hit cap)

Thanks


I've been going Mastery.

Hit -> Mastery -> Crit, Agi, and Haste all together

Cobra shot = Elemental damage and Surv hunter mastery = +Elemental damage.
There has been a few posts about this already.

Hit until capped. Haste is very valuable until 800-900 not sure on exact value.
Then Agi > crit/mastery > haste

Crit and mastery are very close, if i enter my details into female dwarf crit comes out slightly ahead atm.
Agility is still king, especially for survival. Getting Hit capped shouldn't even be mentioned anymore, if people haven't figured out that hitting is better than missing by now...

As a side note pets are important now even for survival, mine does 25% of my 12-14k dps, and pets benefit from Agility not mastery as survival. I can only imagine what the numbers will be once I get tier gear.
I've heard the ~950 haste value is a good target, but I didn't see the exact reasoning. Is this when our Cobra shots would equal the 1 sec GCD? Is that with the 10% hunting party then, and would it be a higher value for other hunter spec's since they don't have the 10% buff by default?

I am still trying to figure it all out, but I'm starting to wonder about the general rules that Haste is best for SV. I ran my setup through FD.com, first time with no buffs, just me. It showed haste, crit, and mastery all about equal, about .32 or thereabouts. I then loaded wolf pet, loaded kings, DK horn, and stam buff, and both Crit and Mastery went to about .45, and haste was .30.

For me, that shows haste is my worst stat by 33% compared to crit/mastery. I've ran the numbers a few ways, and see some different results almost every attempt. Do we really have a general rule about which is better, or is it 100% you must check it out on simulators? Also, once I get the engineering helm, I should have the ability to insert hit, mastery or haste cogwheels. I'm wondering then how pushing stats one way affects the weight of them? Are they all linear until they cap or soft cap? Or if I forge more stats over to crit, does the value of haste increase?

I hope we can get some more details from Z or maybe Frost on some of the theories about this, or find a really good sticky post about it? I'll head over to EJ soon and see what they say. It's probably about time I head back over and see what they are saying...
Gem for agility, reforge for hit (to cap), then crit.

We still have too many (in my opinion) talents and effects that require critical hits.

After that, haste, to the 900 point mentioned above.

It's not that Mastery is a bad stat for the spec (it's great!), it's just that the others are ahead of it (albeit slightly) in priority. After you reach that haste point, you can work in some mastery. (this is reflected on warcrafthuntersunion.com by Frost, the priority anyway, if not the reasonings.)
The reason we want that much haste is so we can get 4 cobra's between each Explosive shot.

ExS = 6 second cooldown and costs 44 focus.
4 1.5 second cobra shots = 6 seconds and regens 36 focus.
3 1.7 second cobra shots = 5.1 seconds and regens 27 focus.

Haste til ~950 > Crit > Mastery is what I'm aiming for.
i been going by hit - agi - haste - mastery - crit but im gonna need to change some stats for mastery less haste cuz i think im around 1200 for both so haste/mastery are pretty up and up for me and my dps has been fine
im hitting 13k on heroic bosses and baradin hold using agi>haste>crit>mastery .

Once we get back to comfortable crit levels, i'm sure our mastery stacked explosive shots will set off a new wave of qq.



edit: lol who am i kidding we are broken in pvp.
broken in a good way or bad way, i dont pvp much on my hunter but i do on my rogue xD
Hit is always going to be main prioriety for any dps class. But as for hunters Mastery is verrrry important due to the survival mastery inc, which is +nature dmg. Seeings how every attack you use is nature dmg. Inc mastery is basically increased overall dmg, I have never not been 1st in dps in 5 mans or raids. My current iLvL is 346 and i'm pulling consistent 11k-13k dps. Depending on fights obviously. I've reforged pretty much all my gear for mastery besides a few select peices to be hit capped.


-PVP- Is about being 2500 rating and telling others L2P.
-PVE- Is about being top 3 dps and getting the drop you want.
-WoW- Its never about having fun, but about proving your superiority.
i been doing around there if not a little more and my iLvL is 337 hmm
Deleted by Assaultrifle
around 13k seems to be the ceiling for heroic ilvl gear. check your e-peen bud
around 13k seems to be the ceiling for heroic ilvl gear. check your e-peen bud


No it's not.

I have terrible (terrrrrrrrrible gear)--50% Wrath epics and 50% questing blues and greens and I can pull 11-12k easily. It's really not that hard.
You are clearly not running heroics in that gear.

I'm also fairly certain he means sustained single target dps, not multishot spamming for 32k dps.
Mastery isn't "as" huge for SV as it is for MM. Sure 1% more damage on most of the shots is good but remember that Auto, Kill, Pet Damage are not affected by it. Theres more of a balance needed between the 3 stats.
Deleted by Jágermeister
You are clearly not running heroics in that gear.

I'm also fairly certain he means sustained single target dps, not multishot spamming for 32k dps.


Actually I meant single target, but thanks for playing. I could care less about AoE DPS. It's a meaningless statistic.

没有评论:

发表评论