2012年4月12日星期四

Foxes....and Chrommagus, i guess

[:1]Tamed Chrommagus, and decided to use him instead of my current fox.

While I was testing both of their dps on the dummies, I noticed something that i couldn't explain...

Some backround...

-I removed all gear and abilities that would proc random bonuses or buffs.
-Both pets were using bite. (Along with the core hound's lava breath, and the foxes tailspin)
Which means I removed call of the wild, and didn't use the core hound's bloodlust.

Both my corehound and fox have the exact same stats...
Damage= 855-918
DPS= 535.6
Attack Power= 2766
Attack Speed=1.66

The core hound ended up averaging out 875.8 dps after 5 attempts, all of which were two minutes long.

The fox end up averaging out at 335.7 dps after the same time and number of attempts.

So, the question....Why does the core hound do so much more damage than the fox? Is Chrommagus just bugged , or do foxes just kinda suck?

Let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm just being stupid. All feedback is appreciated.



This may sound like a dumb question, so forgive me for asking. Did you spec them both the same way as well? It's possible you forgot to finalized talents in the fox's talent tree.
Did you test them on the same dummy? Were there any debuffs present when you tested with the core hound that weren't there when you tested with the fox?
This may sound like a dumb question, so forgive me for asking. Did you spec them both the same way as well? It's possible you forgot to finalized talents in the fox's talent tree.


Sorry I didn't mention that before, but yes they were both the same exact spec. (Both ferocity too)

And no, no debuffs were present on the dummy during either testing.
Core hound is a BM only pet. This seems a pretty big disparity, but I expect the core hound to be somewhat better.

Also the foxes debuff works for everyone, so it is illogical that it would improve the fox damage hugely. Your damage and the raids against the same boss, in other words, would all get the benefit.
Core hound is a BM only pet. This seems a pretty big disparity, but I expect the core hound to be somewhat better.


But wouldn't the stat change of an exotic pet show up on it's character screen?
I don't know. I thought he was talking about the damage he saw on his recount.
I don't know. I thought he was talking about the damage he saw on his recount.


The damage i was referring to was the damage displayed in your character screen, under the pets tab.
Just tested my devilaur out, and it produced roughly the same numbers as the fox.

Another interesting bit of info....

Both the devilsaur and the fox did roughly 4,800 damage worth of melee auto attacks. They also did roughly 20,000 damage with their bite abilities.

The core hound, on the other hand, did 28,500 worth of melee damage, and 20,000 worth of bite damage.

All three pets had around the same amount of successful melee attacks, and bite attacks.

Is it possible that Chrommagus just does more auto attack damage, even though it isn't displayed in his character stat screen?
Try testing Chro against a regular core hound. That should clear up if this is an Exotic issue or a Chro issue.
Ok so I just got Chromaggus and tested this. These were all on lvl 80 dummy, normal attacks with pet self buffs 1 minute tests.

Chromaggus = 61067 damage 1075.1 DPS avg

SianRotam(cat) = 68004 damage 1024.8 DPS avg

Ashtail(fox) = 93627 damage 1179 DPS avg

Not sure about your findings but my test shows foxes are awesome.
On a side note, when I switch to MM, the cat smashes the fox.
Just sayin, all pets should do the same amount of damage. There was a bug with the onset of 4.0.1 that causes exotics to do more damage but that has since then been fixed.

If you did longer tests (5minutes +) you will see their damage equalize. The longer the test, the more accurate.

Also, your cat probably does more damage than the Fox because the fox does not have a self buff ability, however the cat does. Perform tests without the debuffs/buffs toggled on as well as growl toggled off.
That's the whole point though, in a PVE situation they are going to have all their abilities going so I am testing which one is going to do the best. These were just short tests to see if the results were the same to the OP's issue.
True, but there is no longer a "best".

I mean, if you want a best. Tame a cunning pet for fights that last longer than 5 minutes I believe. They will out perform ferocity.
I'd say it could have to do with what abilities of the pet you have turned on (or that turned on inadvertently). If one pet is generating more focus then they other, they will have more focus to use Bite or w/e or more Ferocity Procs.

There should be 0 difference but who knows. RNG crit streams procing more focus for the pet could be playing a role. Look at your crit and focus gains and see if they are about equal.

Test each one 10 times for 5 minutes each (I used the cooldown of Rapid Fire as my start and stop) and then average that dps together from each trial per pet. See where it comes out.

I know that seems like a lot of testing, but with the RNG game, if you're getting bad RNG on one pet, their dps might be lower. 1 minute tests will give you a good idea of burst potential, but it won't give you an accurate picture because most fights last longer than 1 minute and you need to give your crit stream time to flow.


edit - Just read Weazel's post. yea, like I said, (and he said) 5 minute tests for each pet will give you a better picture of overall dps. On top of that, you need to make sure you do enough 5 minute test to get a good sample. 1 test is just a crap shoot imo because there is too much RNG with Crit streams and % procs.

I don't have Chrom, but I tested out a fox, cat, core hound, spirit beast (bear) all on the 80 dummy and they were all doing about the same damage (1100-1200dps). My cunning pets were doing about 10-15% less.
Your cunning pets also weren't getting to benefit from Feeding Frenzy. But it's also the combined damage that's important, and that extra focus from Roar of Recovery comes in handy over a long fight.

没有评论:

发表评论